Alberta Innovates and the Municipal Climate Change Action Centre are proud to announce the Municipal Community Generation Challenge (the “Challenge”).
The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC) in partnership with Alberta Innovates (AI) is looking for Alberta municipalities to provide sustainable solutions that move municipalities towards low carbon community scale electricity generation via formation of a network/consortium partnership leading to installation of a community generation facility.
The Challenge will see the development of a new renewable electricity generation project(s) which produces a significant community benefit in the form of reduced greenhouse gas emissions, diversification of the local economy and whose data and knowledge can then be transferred to other Municipalities within the Province.
MCCAC is investing up to $7 million and Alberta Innovates is investing up to $3 million for a total possible Challenge total of $10 million in funding for one or multiple projects.
See Program Guide for full challenge details
Key Dates (subject to change, please refer to website for updated information)
* Note that the MCCAC and AI at their sole discretion reserve the rights to alter or cancel the currently-anticipated timelines.
Challenge Details & Key Documents
- See Program Guide for full challenge details.
- Municipality Letter of Interest (LOI)
- Changes and / or updates will be announced and posted. Please check back periodically.
Ready to apply?
- Download and complete the Municipality LOI
- Submit completed LOI's to Inbox_grants@albertainnovates.ca
Program Contact Information:
Garth Likes, Director – Alberta Small Business Innovation and Research Initiative (ASBIRI)
Marc Baxter, Program Lead – Municipal Climate Change Action Centre